Mistr už je trochu ve stresu

upraveno 6. listopadu 2010 v George R.R. Martin

Mistr zveřejnil na svých stránkách povídání k Tanci. Tón vzkazu je mírně nervózní, řekla bych. Ale posuďte sami...:

I finally finished A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, but my dog ate the manuscript and there was no copy, so I'm starting over.

What, you don't believe me?

Okay, okay. We don't have a dog at present, and A DANCE WITH DRAGONS is not done.

I'm still writing. Certain storylines are going well. Others, not so much, but that's what rewriting is for, yes?

I have to admit, these updates aren't working the way I hoped they would. I started them in the hopes that they would help stem the flood of emails asking about the next book. They haven't. I get just as many emails, only now they're asking about the next update. Yes, I know I said I'd have an update in "early January," and January came and went and there was no update. I can read a calendar too. The reason there was no update...

Well, the book's not done. And we've had home renovations. And the book's not done. And there's been work on other projects, on comics and The World of Ice & Fire and the games and the new Wild Cards book, Inside Straight. And there was football, and cons to attend, and a signing tour, and the holidays, and did I mention those home renovations?

The truth is, these updates do make me feel like a twelve-year old trying to explain to teacher why he isn't turning in his essay, and knowing she isn't going to buy the "dog ate my homework" ruse any more than you guys do.

The only update that I want to write is the one that says, "A DANCE WITH DRAGONS is done." That's the one you want, and that's the one that I want to write... but when the book isn't done, having to come online and say so every few months becomes a stressful and unpleasant task. I really do appreciate the fact that so many people are so eager to read the next installment in A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE and I wish I could get it to you right now, but you guys read a lot faster than I can write.

When A DANCE WITH DRAGONS is finished, I will post that news here. The moment I finish the book, I will log on and make the announcement. If this message is still here, that means the book is not done yet. Until such time as I can trumpet that news, however, this page will remain the same.

The next update will be the one that announces that the DANCE is done.

—George R.R. Martin, February 15, 2007

2»

Komentáře

• upraveno 23. února 2007

Nabízím řešení: šup s ním na Zeď.

Mráz zachovává, třeba tam dosáhne stejně požehnaného věku jako mistr Aemon. :)

Lady Týna musí být velmi neobvyklá osobnost, když si troufá na Matku, Pannu i Stařenu zároveň. :twisted:

Cizinec už se nejmenuje Cizinec, teď mu říkají "Naplavené dříví", na to nezapomeňte!

Všimli jste si, že GRRM používá Sedm i ve scifi příbězích, ale tam vystupují v roli spíše (vlastně úplně) zlé?

• upraveno 22. listopadu 2011
    Bohové, neposílejte toho dobrého muže do hrobu.
    Za tohle si to občas zaslouží :-)

GRRM, Master of Surprise
    Veľmi podarené :),
    Viem že to tu nepatrí ale objednal som si 25.10 Boure Meču a 30.10 malo vísť. S oneskorením mi to prišlo dnes, vôbec neviem ako k tomu došlo už som sa bál že to bude vianočný darček :D.
    Ale k veci chcem sa opýtať či nieje k objednaní Hostina pro vrány, chcem si ju kúpiť ale na večšine vebov sa dotlač už nerobí a nove vydanie bude až na konci prvého mesiace 2012.
    Mám čakať alebo sa dá niekde objednať.
    No asi je to nedostatkový zboží. Ale nedávno tu někdo nabízel prodej, ale tam šlo asi o celou ságu...
  • NevadaNevada Co všechno neudělám pro lásku...
    upraveno 22. listopadu 2011
    Já už bych v tomto případě raději těch pár měsíců vydržela a počkala si na opravené vydání Hostiny.

(Já vím, mně se dobře kecá, když už to mám přečtené :) )
  • MonteKarstarkMonteKarstark The Sun of Winter
    upraveno 22. listopadu 2011
    Když vydržím já čekat na Tanec až do jara. A to neumím tancovat Tak proč by někdo nevydržel čekat na Hostinu do Ledna?
    Tiež pravda :), radšej si počkám a potom si kúpim aj tanec s draky
Abys mohl komentovat, musíš se přihlásit nebo zaregistrovat.